Shropshire Star Cash For Your Community Terms & Conditions
- The campaign is only open to groups such as not-for-profit community associations, charities or social enterprise organisations whose main activities are based in the circulation area of the Shropshire Star.
- The group must have a constitution which details who the members/trustees/directors are, have a set of audited accounts and a bank account in the name of the group with at least two non-related signatories.
- You may register your interest from Monday, November 19, 2018 online by completing the registration form. Once registered, you will receive a link via email to complete your application online.
- The application form will also be printed in the Shropshire Star on a regular basis from Thursday, January 10 until Wednesday, February 6, 2019. All applications made online or using the in-paper form must be received by 12 noon, Monday, February 11, 2019.
- The final stage of selection will be based upon how your prize money will be spent as described on the application form, which will be assessed by a panel of judges. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Registrations/applications will only be accepted by an authorised officer of the group, who is over the age of 18, on the official registration form.
- A maximum of 35 groups can take part.
Vote Token Collect
- Vote tokens will be printed in the Shropshire Star from Wednesday, February 27 until Saturday, April 6, 2019.
- Photocopied or defaced vote tokens will not be counted. Vote tokens must be cut around the dotted lines.
- Supporters will be asked to send their vote tokens direct to their chosen group, not the Shropshire Star.
- All vote tokens will be recalled at the end of the campaign to be verified. Tokens must be grouped in batches of 500 in separate bags or envelopes then placed altogether in one parcel (or a large envelope). The Vote Token Notification Form must be completed and a copy enclosed inside the parcel. If submitting more than one parcel include a copy of this form in each one.
- Votes received without a form or on incomplete forms will be declared void.
- The closing date for submitting vote tokens is 5pm, Friday, April 26, 2019. Tokens must NOT be sent before the last one has been published.
- If posting, the correct postage must be put on the envelope/parcel(s). Entries with incorrect/insufficient postage will not be accepted nor will they be collected from Royal Mail and the entry will therefore be void.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any submissions which are lost, damaged, or delayed in the post.
- Each participating group will receive a portion of the prize fund. The top three groups collecting the most vote tokens will receive £5,000, £2,000 and £1,000 respectively.
- The remaining £12,000 will be divided proportionately between groups in positions 4 to 35 based on the number of vote tokens they collect (if minimum number reached). The minimum prize value is £50.
- In order to receive a prize, the minimum number of vote tokens to be collected is 500.